Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lonely Mama

It seems like when I first got pregnant everything was so exciting! My friends were all excited and were looking forward to the new baby! We thought about a bigger place with a new baby, new experiences, and more fun memories to make!

All except one friend...my roommate stopped talking to me and when I confronted her about her attitude she told me things were going to change. She said one by one all my friends would disappear because I wouldn't have time for them.

I hated her for saying that and always thought, "there is no way that will happen" but now I find myself 3 years later sitting at home watching the lover hang out with his buddies and none of my friends are around. Sure enough one by one they started to disappear. Not to my fault though. I did hangouts every other week to keep things evened out. They'd come over and drink, smoke, party it up and just have fun and then other weekends we'd chill with my son at the park or beach or whatever....but they just stopped coming around. It seems my roommates cursed me or something.

I try doing bbq's or drink nites but they are all too busy. Whatever happened to friendship. Does growing up have to mean losing friends? It seems this happens to everyone! My coworker lost all her friends once she has her daughter as well. I mean what is that about? Doesn't friendship mean anything anymore? Can't people still have relationships?

I miss having friends to talk to in the middle of the night. Someone to have some drinks with, go to a movie, run to when things are going bad with the lover....just having someone there! So what happened? What changed? Why can't friends be forever????

No comments:

Post a Comment