Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trust & Love & Happiness...

So today's topic is trusting your partner.

Example: The lover randomly told me that an old "girl" friend, notice the separation of words, asked to take him out for dinner since his birthday had just passed. He didn't invite me to go, didn't say what time he'd be back or anything else really. So I automatically said "ok, have fun". Now I don't know this friend of his, I've met her once for all of about 15 minutes and she was cute, shy and I could tell her and the lover had a lot in common. It was nice to see him reconnect with someone, didn't matter that it was a girl.

My sister's reaction was to come home, ask where he was and then unload the million questions she had running through her head. Where did they go? What time is he coming back? Did he go with just her or were more people going? Why didn't he invite you? etc...

My reaction to all this was to laugh. I didn't care who he was with or what time he'd be home. I only hoped he was having a blast with whoever was there.

He came home around midnight with his friend behind him. They had definitely been drinking, they walked in, said hello and started drinking again while they chatted. I said hello, then after about 20 minutes said good night and went to bed....leaving them downstairs, drinking, by themselves.

Now I understand that most girls would be, waiting up for their guy and if he came home with the "girl" friend they'd throw a major hissy fit and chew their man's head off the next day about it. I don't get that. I asked him the next day if he had fun and listened to his little story about how the night went and then moved on with my day.

Now I have people ask me all the time about my relationship with my hubby.
They will tell me they don't understand how I can let him go out and not ask where he's going or when he's coming home or who he's going with....
Well I don't understand why people are soo hung  up on knowing every single little detail.

I find it ridiculous that girls get that way. If a guy wants to cheat he will do it whether you ask him a million questions or not. I have trust that my hubby loves me, wants to be with me and has no need to be with someone else. I can't say I am not jealous and that I never worry about the hubby finding some hotter, funner, skinnier, more sexually pleasing chick....but me nagging him about it is sure as hell not gonna help the situation. All your going to do is frustrate your partner by asking a million questions and then hurt their feelings by showing you don't trust them

I TRUST entirely in my hubby to love me and be with only me. I can sit there and check out chicks with him...tell him "oh my gosh look at that girls boobs!!! DAMN they look good!" ha ha ha ha Flirting is ok as long as it's just that...flirting. If the day comes that he feels he needs more attention from someone else then we'll talk about it and figure out what to do with our relationship. I am not insecure in my relationship. I feel truly LOVED by my hunkalicious papabear and I believe he has no interest in anyone but me.

No comments:

Post a Comment